Although there are so many SEO Tools out there preforming different tasks, I always needed one more, I just didn’t know it. Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool was a great a find. This awesome program is super easy to use. All you have to do is download the program to your desktop (Mac or PC), enter the website you want it to crawl in the URL field and hit start. Depending on the size of your website it may take a while, but the data it shoots back is very useful. After its complete it will shoot back a list of URL’s along with the following information:
- Content Type- You can easily see and sort the type of content whether its text or images.
- Status Codes- One of the first fields I look at after it crawls is the status code. This gives you a very easy to read and sort snapshot of your URL’s and if you have 404 errors, 301 redirects, or if everything is OK.
- Title- You can easily see your title tags and get a great snapshot of what is optimized and what is not. You can see the actual meta title text in the Screaming Frog tool.
- Title Length- The number of characters are also shown in this view
- Meta Description – The standard meta description
- H1 and H2 Tags – Heading tags including all instances of H1′s and H2′s
- Canonical Tags – Canonical tag listed for that page (if available)
- Page Size – The size of the page
- Level – Level the page it from the root domain
- Inlinks – The number of links coming into that page from the internal site
- Outlinks – The number of links that are outgoing from that particular page
- Outlinks URL’s – You can see the URL’s of the external links
In addition to all of these great features you can export all of this data to a CSV and make any edits you need. This free tool is a must have for anyone with any interested or professional affiliation with SEO. You can download the Screaming Frog SEO Spider tool for free.